Friday, November 2, 2018
Andrew's ear!
I think we had a bit of a miracle this week.
I have written in the past about how we learned Andrew had a hole in his right eardrum from his tubes and it was affecting his hearing. We were expecting that he would need another surgery early next year to fix it, unless it fixed on its own, but I was under the impression that was rare.
Along the way I have had to pitch a bit of a fight to get teachers to use microphones in their classrooms for him.
At his recent parent-teacher conference, his 2nd grade teacher told me she doesn't use the microphone because she actually thought he was doing just fine -- she did the basic tones/beeps test and he passed that.
So JB took him to another appointment for a more nuanced hearing screening at the district level (pictured above) and, he came out to text me that Andrew passed with flying colors!
The audiologist looked into his ears and saw no hole.
No hole!
Our sweet Andrew still has the goopiest ears in the family (wax buildup like crazy) and he has a hard time getting them to pop if we change elevations on a plane or a drive up into the mountains. So we will still watch to make sure he doesn't get any other infections that lead to problems.
But, HOOORAY, no new surgery, no hearing problems!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's such great news!!
Post a Comment