Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Summah

Summer has meant almost-daily trips to the park for the summer free-lunch program. They want anyone and all to come, no matter what income, so we keep going back. JB takes them most days right when it starts, but I have been a couple times if I am done with work.



They eat and play, and it is breaks up the day of what can tend to fall into squabbles if left to their own devices.

I try to go for a neighborhood walk after dinner if it isn't too hot. James rested on the grass while waiting for others to catch up. He looks so tall and long here.




We had ice cream at our friends' house to say goodbye to Katie going on a mission.



 The boys recently went for haircuts and a donut after


And they had a day at LagoonA Beach with Max's friend Andy coming along.



We are doing the summer reading program at three different libraries. We fill out the trackers and go back for prizes. One of them is music-themed, and when the younger kids brought home their prizes of recorders, kazoos and maracas I about lost my mind. Now they are under the couch I think.

Most days though are us hanging around the house, making messes and trying to keep kids from fighting.

No comments: