Monday, July 2, 2018

Ruth Lake for everyone

I, Mary, can camp! JB is the adventurous one, often taking the big boys camping or backpacking, while I put littles to bed and enjoy a good BBC show and clean the quiet house.

But this time, I borrowed a baby carrier and some courage and went along.

It's about a mile or so from the parking at the trail head to the camp sites by the lake.


JB, Max and Ben carried big packs with all the gear, the little boys had some of our food in their back packs, and I carried the baby and anything else.



I was worried about our two youngest and the mosquitoes and falling in the lake and falling on rocks, but I relaxed a little when I realized everyone was being careful. Dinner was hot dogs over the campfire then rolled in tortillas, and we were hungry after hiking and setting up camp! 



It got a bit chilly way up there (10,000 feet I think?)




We did a walk around the lake, and James would get mad at us when we kept him from getting too close to the swampy, muddy spots. He just wanted to throw everything into the water.






Sometimes Millie let me have my hat back, but she wouldn't wear hers.



We all fit in the 6 man tent, and I was sooo warm in the new sleeping bag JB got for cold weather. He also had blow-up pillow pads and sleeping pads, to make sleeping on the ground a little better. I think Andrew got the coldest, because James kept rolling up in their double sleeping bag.



 This girl got sad when it was time to wake up.


Hiking out in the morning went quickly. But this girlie fell asleep on me in the pack, and the hat fell off somewhere along the trail.


Some things about camping are not my favorite, but overall I think it was really fun to do it all together.










1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful place to unplug from hectic life and plug in to family.