Monday, April 16, 2018
Sleep training here we go
I told JB that we should start sleep-training and weaning in earnest after our spring break trip. We tried before and she would fall asleep at random times on the couch and mess up the whole schedule.
Crying it out has not worked for this girlie in the past, at all. BUT, do you know what IS working for her? A binkie and a show. That's right, the baby who really never caught on to a binkie as a newborn, now walks around with one in her mouth and really wants it at night.
There she is above with the binkie as a young 'un, the same binkie she recently found again and loves as an almost-21-month-old.
She also found this random binkie and loves it, too.
I give her a show on the old iphone on Guided Access so she can't push any buttons. It's usually Boss Baby or Curious George or Finding Dory, and she stays in her crib without crying and falls asleep.
No shame.
I will not judge any parent for what it takes for them to be able to have some sanity.
So, with these soothers, she may not be nursing half the night anymore, but she still demands it plenty during the day. As I type this, she is pulling on my shirt and demanding "Side! Side!"
So we are still working on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment