A little Throwback Thursday the summer of 1999, to one of the only pictures when all 12 siblings were all together at once. Rebekah and I were home from college, and Joe was a couple months away from his mission. My little sister Sarah had just been born. The photographer called me the "second mother" and had me hold my little brother. Despite that awkwardness, I do look at this with fondness. I can't imagine the family without any of them.
I almost posted this picture and description on Instagram or Twitter or Facebook on National Sibling Day last week, but never did. Maybe some of my siblings will see it here.
Sometimes when I see all my children in a row in public, I gasp a little inside and think, "whoa, we are a big family." Yet it isn't half of what my mom had (and this is it for us).
At the library
On Temple Square
I remember my mom saying when I was pregnant with baby number 2, that I shouldn't worry about splitting my love between kids -- my heart would grow. And it has!
I subbed in Primary on Sunday in Ben's class, and the lesson was on twin brothers Jacob and Esau. They spent years apart after Jacob got the birthright, and Jacob was worried what Esau would do to him. But when they met again, "Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept."


2 comments:
So sweet! What would I do without my brothers? Oh, how I miss my sister. 16+ years later, and I still miss her so much!
I love the Dearduff Family Picture!! I don't think your dad has even aged!!
Post a Comment