Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Long winter break

Our school district had two full weeks off for winter break. The boys finally went back to school on Monday, January 8th, while their cousins went back several days before.


We went to the zoo one day with the Richards cousins and had a great time. But this is the only picture on my phone from the whole experience. It was crowded and I was anxious about losing sight of the kids.  So I took this in the parking lot when JB was teasing the boys that we were able to bring a wild kitty-cat cheetah home with us.


She loves that coat. It came from our neighbors. 


Like last year, we had to find things to do to keep the boys from fighting. Lots of movies. Lots of games. We got Exploding Kittens for Christmas from my sister Rebekah, and the expansion pack Imploding Kittens, and this has been a great hit. Though it went into time-out for a day after some tears about who was picking on whom (cough cough Ben and Andrew).  Max learned Scum at Scouts and taught us that (I played at BYU but forgot how much fun it is). We also did Slapjack, Spot-it and Uno.

Most of the kids have had a bad cough/cold they couldn't shake for most of the break. Baby girlie is having some rough nights. Ben sounded like a seal. James has constantly chapped lips. Max's hands are super dry.

BUT, it was nice weather for several days, so we tried playing outside.





I had New Year's Day off of work, but then it got really busy when Senator Hatch announced his upcoming retirement...and then even busier when President Thomas S. Monson passed away. 

That was a tender, bitter-sweet kind of day at work. We did a lot of prep work over the past couple of years, but it was still sad. I spent Wednesday morning from 5am-9am reporting live from Temple Square as I found different people to talk to and share their memories and feelings.

No comments: