Sunday, January 21, 2018

James post

It's time to see what the boys are up to. 

Jamesy growls and roars his demands/prayers/requests, but I see more sweet moments emerging from the grumpiness.

At Millie's doctor checkup, he was really worried she would cry, so he reached out with one finger and petted her hair. Usually he just sternly says, "Don't cwy, Miwwi."

This was on the day they made gingerbread houses at preschool. He was SO proud of it, and Andrew tried to eat it but James blocked him out. And slowly picked at it himself.


He loves any sort of grabber arm, hook, tow cable, fishing hook, etc.


His Lego creations remind me a lot of Ben's at this age. Like Ben at 4, James also won't take no disrespect from nobody. We are working hard still about him tackling Andrew or pulling on his clothes or hitting him. I wish he would use his words more - "Andrew, I missed you at school, I want your attention, please play with me." And I feel like we are always saying "Gentle! GENTLE, be soft BE SOFT" about how he treats Millie. He just takes her down sometimes in a hug.

But I get good reports back from his church leaders. Phew! He listens and behaves and wasn't phased by the switch to afternoon church. He gave a talk recently (with help from me) and prayed last week in primary with no help from me. Though his voice did turn into a growl by the end.

He is fascinated by dinosaurs still. Every library trip includes getting more dino books or old favorites. He also still loves Batman and Spider-Man. Many of his clothes are these two characters. He is asking for the Indominous Rex and a Spider-Man tower for next Christmas.

Oh yes, he wants Christmas to come again ASAP.  We had to ban toy videos -- Andrew figured out how to get to YouTube on the smart TV and watch EvanTube toy reviews, and both boys were getting whiny and saying their life was unfair.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

That face - how could he ever be an ounce of trouble?!?