Saturday, January 27, 2018

Crocheting on the edge

I think winter time brings out the crochet bug in me.  And, new babies coming among friends and family and ward members makes me want to make gifts. Behold my growing pile of baby burp cloths and bibs.


I also have growing piles of baby things I am sorting through to give away or donate.  Things like baby toys, girl clothes, and books. I found the baby names book JB and I were given 13 years ago.


I also gave away my main book on breastfeeding, but I should have re-read the chapter on weaning. I can't seem to do it!

Anyway, besides the baby burp clothes, I have been crocheting around handkerchiefs for gifts. I like the tiny work around the edge.



I work on them while listening to Max talk about his day, or Ben talk about his Lego MOC, or while the littles play nearby.  I work on them instead of folding laundry right away (#PilestoFoldBeforeISleep), or instead of keeping my house cleaner.

It's a stress reliever for me and I am hooked on it lately. The phase shall pass and then I'll get back to other stuff I guess. Hopefully exercising! It's been nice weather and I ought to get outside on daily walks again.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

You're "hook"ed on it - hahaha!! Lovely pieces you've made!

cpace said...

I love my white hankie you gave me. Perfect for the temple bag!! Thanks again