At her checkup, she weighed 20 pounds 15 ounces (the nurse said she's probably 21 pounds with clothes), which is the 48th percentile, and her length is 30 inches, but the nurse put in 29 in the computer from the first measurement, and that was 51st percentile. Head is 76 percentile, everything looks good.
Waves, claps, cheers, babbles, laughs, hi-fives, crawls everywhere, and climbs into anything.
She is starting to stand and balance by herself and it makes the boys (especially Andrew) very excited. "MILLIE IS STANDING!" and then she plops down.
Starting to pull off her bows more and more. I tried a tiny pony-tail but her hair is still too thin and wispy.
She is a GREAT eater. Loves fried eggs, yogurt, bites of PB and Nutella sandwiches, cherries, and anything we are eating. She didn't see a dip in weight between 9 and 12 months like other babies. Not a good drinker unless it's nursing, but I have started offering her water sometimes. She does like to sleep/nurse. Or sleep on JB if I am not there. Sleep training is something I just hate. Crying-it-out is so sad.
Some pictures from the last month:
Showing off her flexibility.
Sleeping on me at church.
Starting driving lessons.
I may have mentioned this before, but I don't remember nicknames growing up. My siblings were called by their names almost all of the time - Rebekah gradually became Bekah, but when I am around her or refer to her I still often say Rebekah; Michael was/is never Mike or Mikey; Peter never became Pete, although we tease him as Petey every once in a while. Stephen was never Steve, that's a different person. Etc. Although Joseph became Joe. But I honestly don't remember calling them anything other than their name.
So it is fun to live with JB (christened John) and hear all the sweet nicknames he comes up with. Lately Millie's nicknames include Bumis McGee, Tootie, Miller Gracer, Larry H Miller Grace, Millie-girl, Girlie, Chickie and Dolly.
Any way, this Dolly is really sad after yesterday's shots so Imma cut this short. Happy 12 months of Millie Grace!


No comments:
Post a Comment