I didn't get to sleep in, and I had to be out in the rain at a crime scene downtown, but not for long. When I got home, all the kids and JB jumped out and yell SURPRISE!
They had had such a busy morning -- the whole house was spotless, there was a beautiful cake in the kitchen, and the best thing was....drum roll....an organized laundry room WITH my sewing table and all supplies set up in it! These have been in the little boys' room (formerly the extra bedroom), severely limiting any chance to do any sewing mending or crafting after they go to bed. Plus it's next to the ironing board for when I need that (I have been a lazy sewer and didn't want to walk to the laundry room to iron those seams).
My in-laws came over later that afternoon to eat the amazing cake JB made while juggling 5 kids and cleaning and moving all that furniture around (all before noon).
He makes me feel special, and he is so thoughtful. He put together the sweetest birthday card, and he helped my MIL pick out a sun-blocking sun dress I can't wait to wear when we go swimming again.
We took some pictures outside.
And here are my birthday kisses!
Can you believe the cheeser face of that baby? I love this picture so much. I have the sweetest children.
Today is Max's birthday, and I am remembering the time he was probably turning four years old, and he prayed something about how mom's birthday was over and now it was his turn!
No comments:
Post a Comment