She celebrated today with donuts, two baths (she got that messy), and clapping and smiling and dancing anytime we sang to her.
She spent the afternoon at a basketball tournament for older brothers, and knowing that, we took her cake to family dinner on Sunday.
I have been daydreaming of making a pink cake for a very long time. I went back and forth on different frosting techniques (as my YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram viewing history will tell you), but settled on trying rosettes for her smash cake and a raspberry drip and hearts for the main cake.
She poked at it...
Took a taste...
And was hooked!
The boys really wanted her to smash it and make a mess. This video is of Ben showing her what to do.
And she stuck her head in it like Ben showed her.
But eventually I took it away. That was a lot of frosting on there. Andrew and cousin Aaron worked on eating it after that.
Here is our traditional birthday kisses.
We waited so many years for a baby girl to come to our family, and this last year has just flown by. I can't wait to see the toddler, little girl, big girl, young woman and woman she becomes.
Later this week, after her 12 month appointment, I will do the full 12 month post (her last monthly post) with those stats and other milestones and all the things we love about this baby girl. For now, it is bedtime after a long day!
Birth story here
Name story here
1 comment:
Precious babe!! Happy birthday, dear Millie!
Post a Comment