Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Adventures of my own

Today is my 38th birthday, and, I hope fried chicken and mashed potatoes and cake are in my future.

At the beginning of the summer, I bought a hat to protect my skin from the sun, then later at Target I found another one.  I hoped I looked chic in both. Really I look like a mom in her late 30s wearing a hat, and that's fine, I can own it. 


These are pictures I texted my sisters.




(pre cut and color)


And, because I can laugh at myself, I will share the following story from a recent Saturday. Here is how I texted it to others:


Leaving the house today I backed out of the driveway, then ran back to check and make sure I locked the door.
 I hold my chest as I run because otherwise it bounces, right. 
Well, someone was jogging by, so as I ran back to my car clutching my chest I said "sorry!" with a grimace, basically to apologize that I was blocking the sidewalk. 
I got in the car, and she kind of stopped by the tree. 
I think "great, she knows I am leaving and is going to rob my house. So I will wait her out." 
Finally, she ends the standoff by coming to the van window "are you ok? You seemed in distress back there and haven't kept driving." 
Me: 😳😬 "Hehehe, I am fine, how are you? Ok have a good day!"

And then I drove off, feeling sheepish.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love the story!! Too funny!! Look hip in your hat!! Happy 38th Birthday!! We are still young!!