Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Dads and Kids

The boys and JB went camping last weekend for Dads and Kids and had a blast! This was the earliest we've had it in our ward, usually it is in August or even September.  It was at the same place as last year.




There is a lake nearby at the property (but not near the camping area) where they went boating and splashing and stuff.



Max rowed the little boys, too.




Look how idyllic and beautiful. 





The zipline however was not ready for them, or didn't have a supervisor, or had adults using it -- something along those lines is what Max grumbled to me later.

JB says James was begging to go to the tent around 6:30 PM. He was tired! But once they got in the tent at 9:30 or 10, after Smores and stuff, they had a hard time falling asleep.

They came back dirty late Saturday morning.

Meanwhile,  I took a walk around the neighborhood and met two other moms who just had a baby at home because their kids were at the campout, so we stood and talked for a while.

After that I didn't do much besides read and watch shows and clean and do laundry in a VERY quiet house.  On the left, the TV show I watched Friday evening. On the right, the TV show I watched Saturday morning.



BTW, I will make you cookies if you can name the next-door neighbor on that show on the right. My girl kept looking at the TV, too.


2016 Dads and Kids (James's first)
2015 Mom and Kids (JB was sick so we were in the backyard)
2014 - no post, I'm not sure why. I remember taking baby James to dinner with other moms
2013 Dads and Kids (Andrew's first)
2012 Dads and Kids
2011 Dads and Kids (featuring wood-gathering)
2010 Dads and Kids
2009 Dads and Kids (then-Benny's first)
2008 post where I mention JB and Max at the campout but didn't put a picture

1 comment:

Brkie in Utah said...

I love that we have this little family history. Looking back is so much fun!