Friday, September 2, 2016

The Richards at home

We have the sweetest couple in our neighborhood: the Hallidays, Jill and David. She was one of the very first to come say hi and welcome us as we were painting the kitchen in our newly purchased home 12 years ago. Their daughter Valeri is a photographer, and when she was visiting recently she said she wanted to take pictures of us as a gift. So....OKAY!


I love everything about these pictures. The bright colors, the composition, the background (our backyard), the framing and focus -- and of course, the subjects themselves.


Well, ok, since you asked, yes I did crochet that headband. She looks so angelic with her blonde fuzz of hair forming a halo of sorts.


These two Valeri just snapped on a whim when she saw Millie's sweet face. That's our soccer net resting out of the way in the background in the picture above, and in the picture below I think that's Max's leg.


This is in front of our snowball bush, where many a soccer ball and basketball have gone flying. I can't remember if Andrew voluntarily put his arm around Ben, but it is a cute gesture. These two are getting along better lately (as long as Ben doesn't hustle Andrew out of his cash or Pokemon cards. Or tell him what to do).




Lest you think it was all smiles the whole shoot, I present hangry Millie:


As a matter of fact, I think I hear her now. So many thanks to Valeri! If you are in California, you should have her do your pictures. And be her friend. I will post the boys' individual shots next.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Presh!!

Emily said...

Millie is so precious. She's going to be the most loved little girl ever.