Monday, September 12, 2016

Blessing Day

One week ago, our sweet last baby was blessed in church. It seems like time is flying by. I didn't want the day to end.  It was beautiful weather, and we had so many loved ones there.


Mother-daughter. I just cut 5 inches off my hair two days before this. Millie's hair hasn't fallen out yet, it is still tufty blonde in the back.


She was a great baby all day. She didn't cry, or spit up our blow out in her dress, and I hear she stared up at her daddy the whole blessing.


Pauline made her dress and worked on it for a long time. I cried when I saw it. It has a dainty design stitched on the top, sleeves, and bottom hem.

Here is what she wrote on Facebook about the process: "I made Millie's dress, slip and panties. I used embroidery designs from My Fair Lady and and they stitched out perfectly. The woven, heat away stabilizer was perfect. And every trace of the stabilizer came out when it was pressed."


It is on display in her room for a while (because I love to look at it) but I ought to see about safely storing it for her as she grows up. She may have a daughter some day.  After all, our four boys were all blessed in JB's same blessing outfit.

Here are both sets of grandparents.


I didn't expect any Missouri family to come, because that is a long way to go, and my mom's health isn't the greatest, but my parents, a sister, and two brothers all made the trip out. My brother Joe was also there not many days after spinal fusion surgery.  And JB's sister and family came from Idaho, and almost every one of his other siblings came, too. Plus all those cute cousins on both sides!


My mom brought the sweet crocheted dress to show me that she made for my younger sister's first baby girl. It is dainty and reminds me of Emily.  When Millie wears it to church she will have something to share with her MO family. 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

That dress!!! Love, love, love! What a treasure for your caboose.