Having children in kindergarten, third grade and 6th grade means I was there for the whole thing. I was glad, too, because I have missed a bunch of the running in the past while at work. They did it in grade order, so the 3 year old and the baby and I had to wait around in between watching the brothers. JB came for Andrew's race but then had to go get more work done. Lots of parents in fact were there to watch the Kindergarteners; but the 6th graders had just a smattering of watchers. Old hat and all.
Anywho, Andrew ran a lot and I kept saying, "He's so cute out there!"
A couple times, he ran right by the ladies marking the laps on the kids' arms, so I had them give him two more marks. I knew Ben would ask him how many laps he ran, and demand the proof.
Doing red-faced stretches to cool down.
Here are James and Millie waiting around for two grades to finish before Ben's third grade turn.
Now Ben!
Competitive much? He's comparing marks with his friends instead of stretching afterward.
Then two more grades to wait through, before Max and the sixth graders. Millie had nursed in the corner of the playground and was now in the front pack. James was mad at me that we were still there.
Now Max!
After a few laps, I called out to him passing by "Good luck! We have to go home before a meltdown!" and he ran over, grabbed my water bottle, poured it all over his head, and kept going. By this time it was close to noon and hot. I had a fleeting notion of running with the boys next year like some hip young moms in stretch pants, but, it may be more fun just to watch and cheer from the shade.
No comments:
Post a Comment