This week I got a trim of around 4 inches, and took this picture with my other 3 boys to show my mom and sister:
I used to have quite short hair. In recent years it's stayed above my shoulders a lot. When people see me and exclaim over my hair, I say I don't know why it's so long now. It's kind of past the point of no return.
Laziness maybe in setting up hair appointments. Or that ever-easy ponytail option. But it could be deeper -- ever since my fourth boy was born I've felt a desire to have more feminine things around my house -- not that only long hair and no other style is feminine, but it's some way that I feel more like it, you know? Earrings, necklaces, more pink clothing. I noticed a friend (Sabrina? You read this anymore?) also has really long hair since her 4th boy was born.
Now if someone could come over and help me with those braids and fancy updos I keep looking at on Pinterest, that would be even more fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment