But despite what San Diego's website says, the sign at the beach said we couldn't go close to the seals because some were going to have pups.
So we found a rocky shore just down the sidewalk to explore.
Then Thursday was Legoland.
Oh how we loved Legoland. It was EMPTY compared to Disneyland, and perfect for the ages of our boys right now.
I liked the places right by the lines for the rides (which were never bad) where littles could play with buckets and buckets of Legos.
The Volvo driving school is cute. Andrew couldn't quite get his car going though.
But Max and Ben blew through stop signs like pros.
Despite the clouds, Andrew still couldn't quite open his eyes for pictures.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing a Rudy Gobert salute here to the boys in the other choppers. James is meanwhile biting down hard on his chompers. I think he got a new molar on the trip. He was quite clingy to me.
The Miniland area was amazing. We all went a little nuts, yelling "Look at THAT!" over and over about the Lego creations. Especially in the Star Wars section.
Andrew is so stoic on rides. I feel like I must over-compensate to show how fun it is.
The best part I think (with more LOOK at THAT! exclamations) was the whole movie set for "The Lego Movie." This is the very basement used in the movie.
This however did make all the boys greatly desire more Lego sets. They each got to assemble their own minifigure. Andrew's was a pirate, and he carried it everywhere. We often had to stop what we were doing to look for a missing hat or accessory. Arrrrr!
1 comment:
What a fun trip! A lot of people think Legoland is disappointing, but I love it! Hoping to take our kids there in the next year or two.
Post a Comment