When my nieces were born I started crocheting again.
I let it go last January, partly because of burnout; partly because, frankly, I was depressed about not having a girl, and girl stuff is just cuter. So there.
But the weather has turned cooler and I feel the need to create again -- especially to give away to others with girls.
I've made lots of pumpkins for clips. Then I thought, what the heck, here's a cute new shell pattern for a baby girl hat. Then I started on flowers for a friend. And off I went.
I really don't have time for this, what with work in the mornings, a chubby baby to nurse and hold, 3 other active boys to play with, a house to help clean, and more. But it's fun for now to steal a moment or two and make something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We love the hat you made Phin...and the little Converse booties...we think of you each time he wears them.
I agree about making things. Can you find a Turkey Pin for a barrette? How do you spell that anyway?
I love the things that you make! I don't know if it is this way for you, but being crafty recharges my batteries, but only when I don't have a deadline or a massive, overwhelming, it's going to bury me alive, project.
I say keep at it! Jared wore his monster eyeball hat to school and refused to take it off all day. :) I've been know to steal from my daughters hair clip drawer some very pretty thing you've made when I needed to tie my hair back.
that hat is awesome.
Post a Comment