Friday, November 8, 2013

Dormir

This little dragon is going through a tough time. 


He's dropping his nap. 

Sob. 

He used to nap daily from 1-3. Therefore I napped daily from 1-3, and JB got a lot of work done. Now, if he does fall asleep, it's later on the couch or in the stroller  and he wakes up grumpy and stays up late.

His napping has been so inconsistent, it promoted some other changes. A sleep snowball, if you will.

Last Friday night we bit the bullet, and moved Andrew out of the crib (he's a month and 1/2 away from turning 3). We put his toddler bed downstairs in the bigger boys' room next to their bunkbed. 

Everyone was excited about it. Until the third night of crying. The umpteenth time I went down to cover Andrew up again and pat his back, Max pleaded, "Take him back!"

But we can't take him back upstairs. Baby James needs the crib. He's 5 months old and over 18 pounds, and the bassinet was growing unsafe for him. And JB wasn't sleeping well with him in our room. So across the hall he went. When JB and I talked about it, we thought it would be easier for Andrew to be with the older boys than with the baby, who still wakes up at night to nurse. 

We are all adjusting, though I will admit I cried that first night my baby was across the hall. It's no fun they have to grow up. 

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

No fun at all! The "Take him back!" plea is priceless, though!

Sarah said...

Oh the sleep schedule....it seems that the age between 3 and 4 is hard on kids because of naps being taken away. Sophia is 3 1/2 and we still have issues...if she falls asleep on the couch...she is up late at night. If I was much better I would have her in bed earlier each night so she would not need a nap during the day, but I don't want to listen to her cry and throw a fit because she is the only one being put to bed early. The joys of having kids...another phase of life to deal with and to know it will end:)