Friday, March 4, 2011

A letter to my baby






Dear Andrew Rockwell,

Thank you so much for sleeping 6 hours in a row the other night! (Hurrah, cheer, yippee). The only problem is, you did it after staying up until midnight. If you don't remember, you were grumpy and colicky the whole time (boo, hiss). You are 11 weeks old tomorrow; it's time to end the evening cranks.

Also, you are kind of loud when you sleep. I know it's not your fault you have a cold; that loving 3-year-old older brother of yours just can't seem to keep his hands off your face. But it's affecting my sleep. I keep leaning over to peer into the bassinet but you are sleeping soundly. Just loudly.

And about the bassinet -- you are getting too chubby for it! The warning label says it has a 15 pound weight limit. I kept Benny in it until he was 5 months old (see this post and this post from three years ago), and he also being a chubby baby may have weakened the joints a bit. That and we accidentally piled stuff on top of it when it was in storage. It's a teensy bit wobbly.

So here's the deal. Tonight we are going to start a bedtime routine, say around 7:30 or 8 after those older boys are tucked into their beds downstairs. And we are going to try putting you in the crib across the hall from our bedroom upstairs. I say try, because this momma is a big softie and will probably let you come back into my room. Probably into my bed. But, as you've noticed, your father is over 6 feet tall, and he gets kind of crowded out when you are in there. So bear with me cute stuff, here we go.


Love,

your momma

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Good luck! And what a cutie!

Sarah said...

I love the letter...I also think he is so cute in your husbands arms. He looks so small when he hold him. YOu will have to update us on how things are going....did he make it to the crib?? Oh...and I love the pictures from the previous post. Husband did a good job!