Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two Months

Andrew had his two month appointment yesterday. He weighs 14 pounds 8 ounces (95th percentile) and is 24 inches long (82nd percentile). The doctor said, "Well he sure knows how to eat!" Benny weighed 14 lb 12 oz and Max weighed 13 pounds at this age, so obviously I make them big and they get bigger.

We've been dealing with some Thrush, which is no fun for baby and me. He's been congested too and getting better -- but the doctor found an ear infection! He says it's rare for breastfed babies this young to get an ear infection. No wonder he's been so sad sometimes.


His shots also made him so sad, but he did fine the rest of the day, even with me giving him Tylenol for the shots, his medicine for the yeast, his medicine for the ear infection, and his regular dose of Vitamin D.


I just love this baby so much. He smiles, makes eye contact, and I heard a giggle the other day. He can roll from his tummy to his back -- he just lifts up that head, squirms and plops right over. When I lament that he must do some tummy time, JB says, "You couldn't lay on your stomach when you were pregnant! Look at our boy." It's true, he is chubby. I want to put butter and jam on those cheeks and just eat them.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Me too - he really is such a cutie patootie!!

Jared and Allyson said...

I can't believe that he's already getting so big. They grow up way too fast!!!

Oh...He's so cute! I love that baby stage when they are so rolly, so happy, and have no idea how to be naughty yet. :)

AO said...

I so want to eat those chubbers too. I have dreams of big babies, but alas, my first boy didn't weigh 14 pounds until he was more than 6 months old :)