Sunday, January 16, 2011

Almost there!


Benny's prize for learning to poop on the potty was a football helmet. That promise was made back in November.

After a while, we pleaded and begged with him to try pooping just ONCE on the potty, and then he could get the helmet.

Well, it finally happened.

We think.

It may have just been residue from the bedtime pull-up that dropped in the potty, but darn it if we didn't throw a huge praise party in the bathroom and bring the helmet down from the shelf for him. Max was jumping up and down shouting "Hurrah!" and "It's a miracle!" Now if we could get Benny to do it again....

Max wanted a picture in the bathroom too. This is his pirate gear he got at a classmate's birthday party. He loved being a pirate, until he was adjusting the elastic eye-patch and smacked himself in the eye. And there was great weeping and wailing in the land.



6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Way to go Benny!!!

The Joe said...

Congrats Benny! And waaaaay too funny about the eyepatch.

Bekah said...

Since he has the peeing down, maybe he should spend a few days running around in long shirts with a bare bottom. That's how they did it in the olden days. Sure it is!

Sarah said...

Yeah For Benny....even if it fell in the toliet from the pull-up. He is sure to being doing his business on a regular basis-you will see:) I too laugh at the eye patch story:)

Suz said...

I love that helmet...I also loved Benny telling me over the phone that he pooped in the potty.

Suz said...

I love that helmet...I also loved Benny telling me over the phone that he pooped in the potty.