This week I was walking around the neighborhood next to Max while he rode his big boy bike. About a block ahead of us we saw a woman walking two dogs. Max said, "Look momma, she has a big back." Quick to sense a teaching moment I was about to offer wisdom about how we are all different, God loves us all -- but he inturrupted with: "And you have a big chest!"
Thanks Max, thanks. I would also like to thank my genes.
Speaking of, Max keeps asking me when we will have another baby in our house. I sputter and say, "Don't you like our baby?" He looks at me like, "You mean Ben, the tall 17-month-old who takes my toys and grabs fistfuls of my hair when he doesn't get what he wants and squeals like a baby banshee?" He wants a new little baby.
I think Max has been watching Shrek the Third too much.
5 comments:
I would also like you know when you will have another baby. Not in the sense that I think it is about time, but just because I love it when people are pregnant. Babies babies babies. Love it!
Hey! I had a Shrek moment this week too. And blogged about it today. Wierd. We are living parallel lives.
That is hilarious! Guess I'd better get that reduction before you guys come out to visit. Wouldn't want any embarrassing commentary from an almost four year old. Of course, with a smaller chest my "back" will look bigger so I'm taking my chances either way.
Jackie & Jenny - I love both your blogs by the way. Hope you don't mind me blurking (blog lurking)!
Bekah - I like you. So you can blurk anytime. By the way, I like that you link your name to dollhouse. Are you one of the women sent out as an assasin or something?
I actually haven't seen the show yet. Is it worth my time?
Max is too funny!
It makes me wonder what he thinks of me.
Post a Comment