Friday, May 1, 2009

Park City Possibilities

I was sent to Park City yesterday for a story on swine flu. After filing my stories and washing my hands, I drove by the house where JB's Nana (his mom's mom) lived on Main Street. We always like to drive by and check on it whenever we are there, because it represents all the possibilites that never will be for the family -- she sold it before Park City became THE IT PLACE.




Now it appears someone is turning the house and awesome barn into a distillery and saloon. But wouldn't that barn be a great place for a BBQ joint? All the Sundance stars could saunter in. Sigh.

PS - At least it looks like from the picture on the sign that they will try to keep the structural integrity of the house and barn intact. I hope they keep the W on the front door, too. It was still there yesterday.

2 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

My heart broke when I read that it was turning into a saloon! I'm glad that you drove by and took pictures. I just hope my mom doesn't see them because it might make her cry!
I'm glad that someone else feels the need to drive by the house whenever they are in town, because I always take that detour too!

Amy said...

My grandpa grew up on Main St. in Park City. Now it's a rental and is painted a different -very bright- color every time we see drive by...I'm sure it will soon become a business too. sad :(