It's a big ship, isn't it! Two pools, a movie theater, several restaurants. We set off on a Friday and after a day of sailing reached Cozumel, Mexico. We were supposed to go to Haiti but a tropical storm nixed that. So we settled for white sandy beaches, fish tacos, a chance for me to practice my spanish and JB to practice driving one of these:
After the beach we visited downtown where we bought two maracas for presents for the boys. Yes they are noisy! We saw this bug at Senor Frogs and couldn't resist (it reminded us of his mom and sister Sarah's bug).
JB also found this sculpture. He had to wait for a toddler to finally crawl off for his turn to hang ten.
We walked the three miles back to the pier from downtown in the hopes of burning off some of the calories we were eating at every "all you can eat" meal on the ship. The town reminded JB a lot of Brazil where he served his mission. The trees, the streets, the storefronts, and the security guards at the front of bigger buildings. We called the boys that night to check on them, and I told Max we had a present for him. He said "Bring it right now!"

4 comments:
Oh - I want to go on a cruise. Someday. Someday.
Here's my question:
Did you worry about not making it back to the boat on time? A freak accident happening when you were on land, or a cab driver that gets lost or runs out of gas and voila, the boat is gone. That is my cruise fear. That and sea sickness.
Oh my word it looks so fun! I love the pictures of the warm, wonderful weather. I can't wait to see and read more!
Our taxi had a flat tire at one port, but thankfully we had hours to spare before the ship left otherwise I would have worried!
I got seasick the last choppy day. Most of the time the water is really calm.
Love the pictures. And I would SO love to do a cruise on Panama Canal....which line did you do? your ship looks like RC....our favorite cruise line.... looks you like you had SUCH great fun!
Post a Comment