Monday, November 10, 2008

A darling baby


I really am in love with this chubby, active, kissable, squawky, curious, smiley, giggly baby boy of mine.


Benjamin just amazes me everyday. Every discovery, new tooth, big smile, extra pound, and big smile shows me the wonder that is this new life.


He is this close to walking. But I don't practice with him. Crawling is fine for me for now! He cruises furniture, grabs at anything Max is playing with, and climbs on the dishwasher every time we load or unload it.


He loves his blankie. Loves it. Buries his face in it. Chews on it. Face plants onto it in his crib when it's time to go to sleep. Grabs it and holds it close when you go to pick him up out of his crib like, "We can't forget my blankie!"


He can't keep shoes or socks on. My husband and I are such shoe-lovers, we have some cute ones for him, too. But they either fall off or he pulls them off and chews on them. Or throws them. I carried him into church last Sunday and by the time we got to the pew I saw his little bare piggies. His shoes and socks were somewhere down the hall behind us.
He can't get enough of his older brother. He crawls around looking for him, follows him into the bathroom, and is right beside him if there's trouble to be had. He even likes to sit beside him on the couch for the morning watching of Barney or Hip Hop Harry.
His new nickname is Hip, or Hipster, because he loves to be right on my hip. He's a little clingy right now, either because of his age or because he's weaning and still wants to be close to me. As soon as I enter the door at noon he wants me to hold him. He is somewhere around 22 pounds so it's not easy, but he's such a cute ball of chub that I just love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I predicted on April 23rd in your "Doctor Doctor" post that he'd be 25 pounds by his first birthday. He's got 4 weeks to gain three more pounds. Come on Benji-boy, I know you can do it! Make your auntie proud :)