In the afternoons I give Max a quiet time on my bed with me while Benny sleeps alone in their room. I discovered many a time that Max was keeping Ben up, either by talking/singing/giggling at him or climbing into the crib with him. I'm too chicken to move Max downstairs to our spare bedroom there, because I think he would either get into our storage, laundry detergent, or program our TV funky.I'll tuck Max in next to me with some toys or books, and warn him not to touch daddy's clock or my journal. Then I close my eyes and drift off. Sometimes Max will too, and that is true bliss.
True bliss came this week, in the form of an hour and a half nap for me, Ben and Max all at the same time. I woke up hearing Benny across the hall trying out his lungs. "Dah? Daaaahhhh?" I moved, and found Max asleep on top of me. All 41 pounds of him using me as a sort of mommy-body-pillow.
Later that night, I had a rough time falling asleep when it came time to go to bed. I blamed Daylight Saving Time, my long nap with a heavy toddler on me giving me a crink in my neck, and all the things on my mind. Oh no, not pressing items on my mind. Weird things that run through your head when you try to fall asleep.
Things like:
-I hope Julianne Hough gets better and comes back to "Dancing With the Stars."
-Will "Angels and Demons" be better than "The Da Vinci Code" on the big screen?
(I recently read this article and finally watched "The Da Vinci Code" last weekend)-Must go to Costco and get milk. Soon we'll have a ton of milk in our fridge -- whole for Ben, 2 percent for the rest of us. Should I get 1 percent like Max's doctor suggested for the lower fat?
-Take the boys with me and JB when we vote, or go separately because of the rain?
-Must bake another chocolate cake from scratch again. I was proud of my first effort Sunday, with a recipe from a Hershey's cookbook my sister gave me.
-What to pack for me to take on my cruise; what to pack for the boys for their time at Papa and Nona's (I like to plan way ahead).
-How to avoid serious roaming charges when I call constantly to check on my boys.
-What's left on my list for my main squeeze for Christmas (again, planning way ahead).
-Will sleeping on my wet hair like this make it funny tomorrow (it did)
After lots of tossing and turning I fell asleep, and dreamed my co-worker quit in the middle of election day and I had to take over (funny hair and all) producing all the news shows as the results came in. Thankfully, that didn't happen.
2 comments:
Hey, where are you going on the cruise? I LOVE CRUISES!
I keep checking your blog hoping maybe you've scheduled another post for while you're away... That is an adorable picture of Max sleeping. I need to see another sleeping Ben picture! Well, hopefully you're having a blast at sea. Is this your five year anniversary? Time has really flown!
Post a Comment