Saturday, November 22, 2008

Costa Rica-Part Two

I really loved Costa Rica. While others on the cruise ship all shuffled onto big tour buses, JB found us Juan. Juan took us all around that day and told us about the country. We went to the canals, a series of natural and man-made waterways that run north through the country. Notice: I'm the only one wearing a life jacket. I like to be safe, people!

We saw many animals lurking in the jungle beside the canal, like this iguana.A little kid who lived by the canal caught a baby alligator for a pet.

After the canal trip we were on the way to the zipline tour when Juan discovered a flat tire on his van. JB offered to help change it, but I don't think they had a spare. Instead Juan found a repair shop along Limon's dusty, rocky, bumpy, pot-holed roads. A guy there patched the tire and we were on our way. Watching him work made us laugh. They would never let you get away with a patch like that in the States! But with those roads, patching tires over and over is completley acceptable.

After the zipline, Juan drove us past the Dole and Del Monte pineapple and banana plantations and took us back to the ship. We made it back in plenty of time to eat, nap, call the boys, and eat some more. What a day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

There's just something about being a mom, that just makes you want to leave your life jacket on and avoid swinging from the trees. Looks like you had so much fun - I'm so jealous.

Lexie said...

Ahh, it all looks so amazing and fun. I'm so proud of you that even though you were nervous about some of it you did it anyway. What a memorable trip it is! Thanks for the pictures of the canal, it looked awesome and reminded me (though much larger) of the locks on the Erie canal the saints came through when they went to Kirtland. Pretty cool to see it on such a big scale.