We took a tour bus with a sharply dressed and well-connected guide named Raphael who took us to some of the tourist spots, including this very old fort.
It's a lot like the forts in San Juan, Puerto Rico we saw on our last vacation. The Spanish built forts and long walls hundreds of years ago to protect the cities from invading ships and pirates.At each spot we went to I couldn't believe the young "entrepeneurs" who were peddling their wares. They were very persistent, and would follow you with their necklaces, watches, hats, t-shirts, bottled water until many tourists broke down and bought something. I took a picture with this woman in traditional dress, who wanted five dollars for the photo op but we bargained down. It's what you have to do.
We loved the walls and colors of the old city.
Back on the ship I showed off my necklace I bought for 5 dollars. 
So far JB was getting tanner despite using sunscreen. I burned my legs a little but kept on the protection. We be pale people.
2 comments:
Great buy on the necklace! It looks like you guys had a blast.
I love the picture with the orange wall. Your necklace is cute too. It looks like you both had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment