Saturday, November 11, 2023

Max in Texas

As he waits for his Bolivian visa, Max was reassigned to the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission -- which includes El Paso, Texas, where Max is serving in his first area. 

He is right on the U.S.-Mexico border. 


People often ask us how he is doing, and I think he is doing really well! He's practicing some Spanish, he gets fed by the local ward members almost every night, and has a nice apartment with a washer/dryer and nice kitchen. Seems like a really smooth way to start a mission.

We miss him around the house and though I thought I was used to it, sometimes it hits me with a pang that he is far away. Just last night when turning off lights and checking door locks before bed, I was thinking "But Max isn't home yet" and of course remembered in the same moment that he is in Texas.

I love talking to him every week. He sends pictures of some of the cool things he has seen. 





I jokingly apologized to a family in our ward that I should have asked them more often about their missionaries when they were serving. You don't know what it's like until your own baby is out there.

No comments: