After many days (weeks?) of asking when they could carve pumpkins, we allowed it on Saturday Oct. 28 so they wouldn't rot before Halloween.
JB spotted a new technique of carving the circle in the bottom of the pumpkin and then placing it over the candle. I think it worked well.
On Sunday, the Richards-side grandkids who could go to Sunday dinner came in their costumes. Millie had wanted to be Maleficent for weeks (months?) and I ordered horns for her. But then she found her Dorothy dress in her dress-up drawer and decided to do Dorothy before she grew out of it. Plus, she has been watching The Wizard of Oz more than Sleeping Beauty in her life. She may be Maleficent next year.
Cousin Spencer was a scarecrow and a perfect partner for a picture.
JB and I went to the Halloween parade and I helped in the classroom parties on Tuesday.
Killing time before trick or treating in the afternoon with picking up leaves on a beautiful afternoon.
I ordered James's Spiderman costume online, but if there is a next time I think I won't make it all one zip-up suit with the gloves attached. It made it a little difficult to do things. But he still loved it. And Andrew made his Mario hat here in this picture. They were ready to hit the streets!
I took James and Millie around, and they loved/feared this huge skeleton in our neighborhood.
Andrew was with his friend Jackson and we met them halfway. By then, Millie had ditched her shoes as they hurt her feet.
They still had a lot of candy left by the weekend and munched while watching a movie. But if I have to pick one more wrapper up from under the couch . . .


No comments:
Post a Comment