Sunday, November 26, 2023

20 years together

 November 14 marked our 20th anniversary. Two decades together! 

I was reading Anne of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery out loud to the kids the week before and love this scene with Anne and Gilbert, on their 16th wedding anniversary:


“You do love me, Gilbert? You haven’t said you love me for so long.” 

“My dear dear love! I didn’t think you needed words to know that. I couldn’t live without you. Always you give me strength. There’s a verse somewhere in the Bible that is meant for you… ‘She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.’”


(I looked it up. It's Proverbs 31:12).


Twenty years ago, we entered the House of the Lord and made a covenant with God and with each other. I know that as we stay faithful to that covenant, we are sealed together for eternity.

To celebrate our anniversary, we did some proxy sealings in the Jordan River temple.



And we went to lunch together while the children were in school. JB was right, that spot did have good lighting! 




Running errands is also a fun thing to do together, and watching sports and movies, and taking walks where we hammer out all the world's difficulties. He makes me laugh every day.

My favorite thing I wrote was on our tenth anniversary:

"...seconds/years fly by of laughter, tears, joy, contentment and normalcy, and the next thing you know, it's evening, you are sitting on the couch ... and you look over and see him. And your heart swells with the goodness of it all."

No comments: