Saturday, May 21, 2022

Lindon Utah Temple groundbreaking

I got the amazing assignment from Church News to attend the Lindon Utah Temple groundbreaking on Saturday, April 23, and I took Andrew with me for some one-on-one time. I also hoped it would be something he would remember his whole life.


The program started in the chapel, and then we walked up the road to the site. After the photo ops and the others in the temple district all got a chance to turn a shovel of dirt, Andrew got a turn, too.




It was a little cold and windy, but he was a trooper as he waited for me to get the interviews I needed.



Afterward, we grabbed some lunch and then drove the 45 minutes home and I was happy to listen to all the cool things he loves to talk about and all his ideas that just brim from his brain. Spending time with him was a joy!

Then I had to write the story and turn it in. Here it is: https://www.thechurchnews.com/temples/2022-04-23/lindon-utah-temple-groundbreaking-signals-how-the-lord-is-hastening-his-work-251862

I've been able to give a few presentations now to different wards about my experiences with temple building. I am thrilled each time I hear of a new temple being built!

No comments: