James played on a Boys and Girls Club basketball team this spring. I was so proud of his attitude and hustle! He has come a long way from that first soccer experience when he called the other team "the bad guys."
I could not find anything near us (Salt Lake City kept a lot of programs and activities closed a lot longer than other cities or even the county parks and rec program). When I did find something, I had missed the deadline to register.
So we drove to Murray twice a week, and he played down on a 2nd grade team. But the level was perfect for him, as he is a young 3rd grader and hasn't played any organized sports in 2 years (because SLC closed almost everything for Covid). And thankfully after the first night and the feedback they received, the venue stopped trying to require kids to play in face masks.


1 comment:
He has such a cute celebratory dance! And how frustrating to not have anything available close to you. Grrrrr.
Post a Comment