Thursday, July 22, 2021

San Diego part two

Sunday we watched Church via Zoom, and tried to keep it still a lowkey day, reading our Come Follow Me lesson on the California King bed (which was fantastic). 

We did walk down the pier at Oceanside. I'm including both pictures because look at cheeser Millie.




That night, Alison and Matt made us dinner in their house and our kids played and played with their four kids in the backyard and with their Legos. New best friends!


Matt told JB about a good surfing spot, and he took Max and Ben to try it out Monday morning. They were hooked.




 Then we all went to Oceanside Beach. This was a great spot, with a long shallow area and rolling levels of waves, perfect for more boogie boarding. I even tried it!  And it was gorgeously cloudy and cool. Look at the three littles running into the waves.





We tried Angelos in Oceanside. It came with a lot of fries.


On Tuesday, we tried out Mission Beach. This was also a great beach, with a tempting boardwalk if we had bikes, and we saw a TON of kids and tweens in some sort of surfer or lifeguarding camps all over the beach. They are the ones in yellow shirts in the background of the pictures.












We had to park two blocks away, by the spot where kids were being dropped off for that camp. One kid started counting our family as we passed by, and I saw him mouth "One, two, three, four..."

We got some great Phils BBQ to eat afterward, but James and Millie refused it, so I got them something quick from Burger King but messed up their orders (one likes cheese and no ketchup and one likes ketchup but no cheese or something??!). Notice all the sand below spilling from Millie's seat to the floor....



Then we drove up to the Torrey Pines Glider Park to watch the Hang Gliders.




I could have stayed a lot longer to watch them, and share stories of my crazy adventure where I paraglided off the Swiss Alps in the summer of 1999, but our kids were tired. Until we got back to the casita, and they ran over to play with the Davis kids again.

No comments: