Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Fourth of July weekend

I love this holiday, I love how our neighborhood goes all out, and I love that a lot of things were back this year. And I love our new flag for the front of our home!



JB and I find that wearing our school colors works really well together on the holiday.


The children's bike parade was back this year down the main street in our neighborhood.  It happened on Saturday, July 3rd.







After the parade, we volunteered to help at one of the booths and handed out freezer pops in the heat. This was a great job because we could stay in the shade and cool down from the heat.


Then on Monday the 5th, I was sent down to Provo at 4am to report live on the Freedom Festival Grand Parade. It was a busy morning running around getting pictures and interviews and video and doing live reports. But it was so encouraging to see so many people happy to be together and happy to fly the flag! I wished my kids could have been with me to see the floats.

I thought all weekend of the last verse of The Star Spangled Banner in particular, about God's hand in our nation, and about those men and women who protect us. We have freedoms in America like no other country, and we have to make sure we don't lose them or take them for granted. We have to vote like it matters -- because it does. 

No comments: