Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Upper Calf Creek hike

 JB took the big boys to hike Upper Calf Creek on the first day (we have done Lower Calf Creek on previous visits to Escalante).  He told me I wouldn't like it, and based on the pictures, I would not. It is very steep!


JB says it was hard not to be able to jump in to the water. But they knew it would be super cold.





Lots of steep rock.





Taking a water break looking at the view



Meanwhile, these kids just kept playing at the creek below the house.



Oh, here's a shot JB got of me sitting on the bench by the creek reading a book. I would take a book and read when I wasn't stopping fights or putting bandaids on tiny scrapes they got from sticks or rocks. I learned to carry a bag with a water bottle and snacks and bandaids if I didn't want to keep hiking back up to the house for these little whims.



1 comment:

cpace said...

Max looks almost as tall as JB in one of the pictures. Is JB prepared for his boys to be taller than him?