Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas Prep

We put up our tree on Thanksgiving and JB put up the outside lights when the weather was nice and I must say I just love all the cheer.

Nona and Papa sent the Christmas Eve PJs early and these kids wear them all the time, they are so comfortable and cozy.



Well, except Millie. She likes to wear the bare minimum of clothing and strips as soon as she is inside the house. Then when she is cold she just snuggles in her blanket.

The little boys have been wrapping a couple of things for their siblings, and begged to have them under the tree so I agreed -- as long as they didn't whine and cry or try to peek early. 

I love some of the new ornaments we have this year, from home-made ones to gifts.  I'm in the primary presidency, and we put together a bag for each child with treats and a Hear Him ornament. We included our testimonies on how we hear heavenly guidance and promptings. We've been trying to do something once a month and drop it off at their homes. I hope and pray our primary teachers will be able to do more for their classes in the New Year, until the kids are finally able to meet in-person. 

We didn't do our yearly Christmas smoked pork this year for neighbors. There seems to be a reluctance to have any treats here because of the pandemic. I guess it's good not to have a full counter full of sugary things. 

There are still plenty of Christmas family traditions we've been able to do, like driving to see the lights, and reading our special books and watching holiday movies together. I'm trying to remember to play  more music -- I remember certain records playing a lot when I was young, like the Tabernacle Choir and Muppets Christmas and Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby.  

Here's one of the amazing houses we saw.




I know there are people who are sad and struggling right now, and the Christmas season may not feel so cheery for them. I pray a lot in my heart and out loud for things to improve. I forget sometimes to not get discouraged....but I am grateful for reminders to lean in to faith and hope in Christ. 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Wow, those are some sweet baby faces! (I can still call big, manly teens "babies", right?) And what a light display!