Thursday, December 10, 2020

A new teenager

Benjamin John is 13! I started this blog when he was 2 months old and he was the CUTEST baby.  These are the first two pictures I posted of him in early 2008.




I'm pretty sure I took those photos with a flip phone. 


He's growing into such a tall, fun, kind, smart young man.





New Chiefs sweatshirt and a bike. I hope for a New Year's present they let him go back to school! At least small groups or something. Ben and Max are all alone downstairs in front of their computers. He diligently attends every class, even playing the violin in front of a camera.

Max and Ben also diligently go to Church early and stay after every Sunday to help with the sacrament. We had to get Max new pants and give his church pants to Ben -- both boys were showing a lot of sock!

He is able to play now on his basketball team again, after a halt to that. But only JB can go because he helps coach. So I haven't seen Ben play in months and months (also some games are late so I have to sleep, but still -- I'd like the opportunity).

He likes to bake and cook and wants to learn how to do more. He is really good at science and math. He was assigned to read "The Goose Girl" in English class and it was fun to talk to him about one of my favorite books. He adores Star Wars and knows the whole canon. When you are not allowed to go to school or anywhere else, you watch a lot of TV, so he's seen Star Wars Rebels and Clone Wars a few times and helps me see the deeper layers of The Mandalorian. 

He can't help but tease Millie and get her riled up at bedtime when I'm trying to get her settled. He loves to play chase or hide and seek with her and hear her laugh. The brothers' relationship isn't as lighthearted sometimes (ie they can squabble like bear cubs) but he is often looking to help out and be a peacemaker.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

What a great young man! Happy birthday to your once-deliciously-round Benny boy!