Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Temple Square

Last Saturday, our primary had a great activity at Temple Square. 

I am the secretary, and I only work a couple blocks away, so I volunteered to get the scavenger hunt ready. I went over and took pictures, then put this handout together. 


We met at the reflecting pond, and my children couldn't resist trying to get wet.





We had a great turnout! I feel like it was around 50 people there, with leaders, kids and their parents.


After wandering around spotting the pictures, we ended at the North Visitors Center, where this famous Christ statue is on the upper floor.


By the way, my parents took an engagement photo in 1977 by this same statue, posed kind of like this. 



The sister missionaries then had us gather in one of the theater rooms, where they talked with the children about the Temple, and bore their testimonies that God loves them ("and Heavenly Father does too!" said one child). We then met outside on the grass by the Tabernacle for a treat.


I really think the activity turned out so nice. I sometimes still can't believe how close I live to this iconic place, because I grew up so far away from it. It is a beautiful, peaceful spot. And it is the place where JB and I were sealed.

No comments: