I woke up Monday morning and for the first time in weeks, I was not thinking first of needing to work on my radio documentary. It aired Sunday at noon on KSL Newsradio and went off without a hitch! It's on the history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in St. Louis.
I researched for weeks and did two interviews in Salt Lake City before flying to St. Louis about a month ago for more interviews. Then I logged and edited and wrote and re-wrote the story, both in radio form and a print version.
Here is the story, and at the very end is the link to the podcast: https://kslnewsradio.com/1903551/the-saints-in-st-louis-church-history/
It was a challenge and a joy. I have been so pleased to get great feedback so far. It was close to my heart because of my teenage years living in Missouri, but I also felt it important to tell about the Lord's hand in the work of the Church.
I was so anxious about it at one point, that I said a prayer specifically for help on this project -- and I know I got help. There have been times when prayers are not answered like I would wish for me and my family, but I do know God cares about the things we care about.
Monday at work, my boss suggested another big idea for another piece to air during the next General Conference in 6 months. Here we go again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well done, Mary!! Look at you go!!
Post a Comment