Sunday, April 28, 2019

Young men

We were surprised by the announcement late last year that young men and young women would move up in the calendar year of their birthday. That meant Benjamin became a deacon almost a full year ahead of time, because of his December birthday.
 
Maxwell also moved up to be a Teacher several months ahead of time. Today both boys were set apart into in new callings in their quorums today in Church.
 
I remember having a similar calling in Young Womens when I was their age, and I don't remember doing much. But I was struck with the thought during the setting apart blessings, that it isn't so much about whether it's this huge calling or responsibility, it is that you do it. That you show up every Sunday, that you say yes to what you are asked to do, no matter how big or small. It's that you are on the right path, even with these small and simple steps.
 
It has been great for Ben to go to the Temple to do Baptisms. JB has taken them a couple times with friends. How lucky are we to live in the Salt Lake Temple district? When it closes soon, we'll venture out to others in the state.
 
 
Last Wednesday was probably one of their most favorite youth activities in a while. They went to drive big big trucks and tractors at one of the guys' workplaces.






Max came back with some mosquito bites. They like his blood I guess. I had to go to bed before they came home, which was a bummer. I like to hear my boys' excitement after something.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I have been so amazed and touched when a young (11! 12! 13!) year old boy has priesthood keys bestowed upon him as the Deacon's quorum president. How absolutely amazing that is!! And how handsome your YM are.