Andrew has been asking about karate class for a while, so I found one to try near us through the Parks and Rec department. It is for ages 5 and up, so I took James, too.
Andrew was in heaven from the start.
I took pictures through the glass door to show JB and my sister Emily back in Missouri (whose husband teaches martial arts).
I think they are the cutest little karate learners. HOWEVER, as with swimming lessons and soccer, I wasn't so sure if James would last.
And he hasn't.
The second week, he got reprimanded gently by Master Ethan for fighting. As in, really trying to take his brother Andrew down. We said we'd talk about it and try again. But on the third and fourth week, James said he didn't feel like trying it again. So just Andrew goes and he continues to absolutely love it.
Maybe 5 is too young. Or maybe I will ask him what he thinks again next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment