Thursday, September 20, 2018

Growing taller

When I was really young, my brother Joseph (15 months younger) and I used to argue over who was taller, measure against each other often, and ask others to help us determine the answer.  Somewhere along the line he passed me up. And now he's like 6'5. 

Max and I now like to do the same thing.


I took a picture with him at our recent Scout Court of Honor, and he is just about my height now at 13 years old. My license says 5'7 but I think I am 5'6 and some change.


Here is a picture one of the leaders sent me during a scouting activity with rappelling. 


His expression reminds me of when he was my first baby, but his legs say he's a teenager.

He seemed tall last week, when he was at an assembly with one of our US Congressmen, Chris Stewart. Max is an SBO (Student Body Officer) and the principal had him ask a question. 


Then he and the group took a picture afterward with the Congressman.


I was actually assigned that morning to cover the assembly for the news, and ask Rep Stewart his thoughts on 9/11 anniversary. The Salt Lake School District public relations team sent me these photos.


Ben is also getting tall. I think I'll be looking up at my baby boys pretty soon.

No comments: