I don't care who the President of the United States is, Air Force One is awesome. It is just a breathtaking sight to see in person.
In April 2015 I was assigned to cover the departure of President Obama from Hill Air Force Base, so I narrated him as he arrived and went up the steps, waved, and then talked the listeners through the taxiing and takeoff.
In April 2015 I was assigned to cover the departure of President Obama from Hill Air Force Base, so I narrated him as he arrived and went up the steps, waved, and then talked the listeners through the taxiing and takeoff.
This time, I helped narrate the arrival of the plane at the Air National Guard Base for our radio listeners, and then President Trump coming out of the plane, meeting with supporters, and being whisked away for the rest of his visit. We had other reporters at the other spots of the trip.
Each time I had to arrive really early for security sweeps and Secret Service screening and clearance. I brought sandwiches and hard-boiled eggs. The other reporters were complaining of hunger.
I also brought lots of cold-weather gear. I knew it would be a wait out on the riser, and it was 32 degrees or something like that.
I also brought lots of cold-weather gear. I knew it would be a wait out on the riser, and it was 32 degrees or something like that.
They put you on a flatbed truck trailer not too far from the flightline/tarmac, so you can be high enough to see everything. Flights in and out of the Salt Lake Airport (right by the base) were halted for the time of the approach and landing. It was soooo smoooth.
President Trump is taller than I thought. Come to think of it, so was President Obama. He went over to shake hands, and met a pair of teenage twins dressed like him and the vice-president. I interviewed them afterward for a story for the radio and they were a hoot.
You can listen below.
https://audioboom.com/posts/6534734-crowd-greets-president-trump-as-he-arrives-in-utah.mp3



No comments:
Post a Comment