We had one for Andrew (first grade), two for Ben (ELP teacher and 4th grade teacher), and six for Max (science, math, language arts, PE, college & career readiness, Utah studies. Orchestra teacher was a no-show).
They smart cookies. Their reading levels are super high, way off the charts. Math scores are very high as well.
They do their work in school and at home (with some nagging sometimes for forgetful Andrew).
Their teachers say they aim to please and are a joy to have in class.
But just as important, their teachers say the boys are good friends to their classmates. They are nice to others, they are empathetic, they are helpers, they obey rules and they are not mean.
We make reading every night a priority, and JB and I also always did well in school, so I feel like genes and habits and socio-economic status works well in the boys' favor in terms of success. And I hope it sticks.
But I also really hope the empathy stays with them. Too many problems in this world are caused by a lack of kindness toward another.
1 comment:
Seriously, they are a great bunch. And the picture at the end!!! ❤️ :)
Post a Comment