A little drama and some normalcy on our Sunday and for some reason I have more pictures of it, so I am always one to (over)share.
Before church, Andrew found this bowtie and wanted me to send a picture to daddy at his meetings. Backlit. I am not good at this.
Since I had paused the Primary Songs playlist on my phone for that pic, I thought I may as well document what was happening right then in the living room. My best Sunday helper, Ben, puts James's shoes on almost every Sunday (Max also helps with him or Drewber).
During church, I almost took a picture of my two littles sitting by each other in the front of primary. They were sooo cute, singing together, waiting for their turn to give the scripture and prayer. It was James's first turn, and he was gung ho -- until he froze in the microphone and turned and buried his face in me.
My friend JoLynn did sneak a picture in Sunday School of the back of my head because she said she was impressed by my curls.
Confession: I curled my hair because I just watched the pilot of "Designated Survivor" the day before, and the wife's hair was amazing. Confession #2: I kept the little boys in the tub a little longer than they wanted so I could finish these curls.
Not pictured in that picture: Millie crawling underneath the teacher's table, and James curled up beside me. After the opening prayer and having mom and dad there in the primary room with him again, he did not want to stay there. It became dramatic. BUT, he went back down with me for the older sharing time to watch Ben give a talk, and his teachers scooped him up into their line of 3 year olds and he hustled off to class, phew.
NOW, to the bigger drama of the day. While wolfing down some lunch (Fast Sunday=hangry Richards), Max suddenly gasped and pulled half of his Herpst appliance out of his mouth. This is the system screwed to his back teeth to help correct his jaw. He had half the metal in his hand and the other dangling out of his mouth. Thankfully no pain. But we couldn't find a screw anywhere and assume he swallowed it.
I called the after-hours number and the Orthodontist called back and said he would meet us at the office. JB was still in meetings (and I refrained from sending him a series of frantic texts, like I had done to him on Friday night about our leaking bathtub while he was at the Jazz game). The doctor unlocked the doors, and 8 minutes later had Max in the chair and fixed up in no time.
We were back home and watching a movie again, lickety split.
Sunday family dinner snap from JB and Millie. She is becoming a ham!
Then more drama -- while handing her to Papa, I scratched her head with my wedding ring. And later, I bonked her head on the pantry door. I felt so bad. She is such a good baby and forgave me with lots of cuddles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our kids have stong heads, they can take a little accidental hits. And you need to teach me how to do my hair. One day I will start curling my hair again.
Post a Comment