Thursday, November 10, 2016

Wednesday night adventures

I am glad that we live just blocks from our ward building and the stake center. I grew up making long drives to and from.  But two locations and two times for scouts right at bedtime is pretty rough. Especially with JB in Bishop meetings.


They have been riding their bikes, but now it is too dark for that. So here's how last night went down.



6PM - Dropped Max off at boy scouts at the stake center down the street.

7PM - Ben went with JB to our church bldg up the street for his cub scouts and for JB's meetings, while I took pajama-clad other kids with me to pick up Max.

Read books, brushed teeth, said prayers and tucked little boys in bed at 7:30.

Started nursing hungry baby

At 7:59:30 I shoved a crying Millie into Max's arms and ran to the car and drove up and ran into the church to get Ben. We came back and I parked, and started running back into the house when I tripped on the sidewalk and went flying. Knee scraped like back in 2nd grade. Scrambled up and into the house and scooped up the baby and she spit up all over my shoes.

8:30 big boys in bed and mom and baby in bed nursing together. Knee stings but everyone is happy again.


This morning I am resolved to reach out to other scout moms for carpooling help. I can't do that again.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I was just talking to the moms in the preschool line about how first babies always get to nap in the beds while third (fourth, fifth!) babies never get that luxury. No wonder my older kids were better sleepers than my younger ones! Good luck figuring it all out.