Friday, July 29, 2016

Our family

This is the sweetest picture. My sister Rachel said the other day that I got what I wanted in life. To be married (to a tall handsome good man) in the temple, to have children (four boys and now a girl!), to be on the radio, to have the last name Richards like The Mary Tyler Moore Show...life is good (albeit sleep-deprived right now).


Major props to JB for finding clothes and washing them, and bathing boys and getting their hair all ready for the photo shoot.  I was in charge of the girls in between nursing sessions.


I spy a bassinet.

I laugh at myself -- in some ways I am a bossy, "I've done this before, I have had 5 babies" kind of woman to my friends and sister, but in other ways I forget things. Like the fact that at 8 or 9 at night I think I can lay Millie down in that bassinet and say good night. Bahahahahaha, she is held all day long by brothers or parents, then I expect her to sleep by herself , away from a warm body and beating heart.  So she lately comes into bed with us for at least one feeding.

The boys are handling this ok so far I think. Summer is a good and bad time to have a newborn. No where to go, but, no where to go if that makes sense. They spend an awful long time playing on phones or watching TV/movies. It's too hot (101 all week) to be outside in the afternoon.  They are begging for playdates, but I say that's what we have all these brothers for.

1 comment:

Emily Palmer said...

For the record, I never consider you bossy. I always appreciate our talks and you're advice.